Sweat is the fluid that comes out through the entire surface of the skin (pores) in order to cool and remove heat from the body due to heavy physical labor. Sweat that usually come out perfect and comes when one's skin look shiny and wet.
Pay attention! You have to sweat out a smooth and normal, because sweating allows the body to release heat. Would be dangerous if you sweat abnormally, because the heat will be captured in the body and can cause health problems.
Anhydrous is a medical condition in which the body can not produce sweat or the body is unable to sweat in hot conditions. This condition goes unnoticed. Maybe you've noticed after doing strenuous physical activity and energy drain, but you still do not sweat. Try to be more alert to this condition.
Anhydrous classified as disorders that are difficult to diagnose. Anhydrous mild disorders can arise from a number of factors such as skin trauma, certain diseases, and due to consumption of certain drugs. The real cause of anhydrous until now could not be confirmed by health experts.
Causes of Reduced sweating
The following are some of the causes why the sweat out of your body is reduced:
- Neurologically, can be caused by head injuries, heat stroke, hysteria, and neurosurgical problems such as Guillain-Barre syndrome.
- Diseases of skin that covers the sweat glands like miliary, contact dermatitis.
- Congenital disease that causes lack of sweat glands in the body.
- Several types of drugs such as antipsychotic drugs to treat mental disorders, topical antiperspirants that contain aluminum sulfate, and anticholinergics, such as atropine and scopolamine.
- Trauma to sweat glands such as exfoliative dermatitis.
- The newborn and premature infants usually experience temporary anhydrous due to her nervous system is not perfect.
Signs and symptoms of anhydrous
- The sweat comes out very little or even nothing.
- Muscle cramps and feeling weak.
- Heart pounding fast.
- Until the most severe hallucinations, coma or death.
Find and treat the cause, then you can do the treatment and recovery. If you use a drug that causes anhydrous, immediately stop use and contact your doctor to ask for other drugs. It is also important as a measure to prevent exhaustion and heat stroke and dehydration. Here are simple ways:
- Drink as much water as possible on a regular basis.
- Drink fruit juice or sports drinks containing electrolytes.
- Exercise when the body is cold.
- Choose clothing appropriate to weather conditions.
- Wear a hat when outside the room.
- Pay attention to your body: Do not ignore symptoms of heat stress such as muscle cramps, nausea, dizziness or weakness.
- Massage gently tense muscles.
- Get medical attention if the cramping gets worse or does not go away in about an hour.
- Move into the room a shady or air-conditioned.
- Overcome heat stroke, by attaching a special bag filled with ice on the neck, groin and head.
- Avoid drinking caffeine or alcohol because it can cause dehydration.
- Control your activity level carefully.
- Do not wear clothes that covered a lot during cold weather.
- Avoid hot foods.