Guide to Balanced Nutrition Food Choices
To gain weight, then you should consume nutritionally balanced diet, which containing high protein, high carbohydrate, and healthy fats. Here is a table of food choices as your guide in choosing the best foods to gain weight optimally.
- A superior source of protein:
- Fish: tuna, salmon, herring, cod. sardines, mackerel, trout. Avoid canned fish
- Dairy: Whey
- Dairy: low-fat yogurt, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, low fat milk
- Meat and Poultry: lean beef, chicken (skinless), turkey
- Carbohydrate source is superior:
- Fruit: avocado, mango, apples, oranges, Chery, pears, strawberries, kiwi, lemon, grape, pineapple, papaya, watermelon, cantaloupe, apricots
- Grains: whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, wheat crackers, brown rice, popcorn, granola
- Vegetables: broccoli, carrots, barley, cabbage, asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, pumpkin, onion, cucumber, etc.
- Fruits: dried fruits (for snacks), grapes, bananas
- Sweeteners: fructose, molasses, honey
- A superior source of healthy fats:
- Fish: salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel
- Oil: Oil from an extract of peanut oil, olive, safflower, sunflower oil
- Grains and legumes: cashews, hazelnuts, almonds, melon seeds and sunflower seeds
- Dairy products: low-fat milk
Find the right recipe so that you can combine all of these foods to help gain weight easier and healthier. Good luck!